Spring Cleaning...I've never been "hung up" over the laundry - mine or anyone else's. I have gotten used to the fact that I do not have a dryer. I have decided that hanging your clothes on a clothesline is a "fine art". Rule #1 is: You can hang only as many wash loads as you have room for. My new landlord installed no less than 9 clotheslines for me! I lovingly call them telephone cables. And they have to be wiped off before any clean items touch them -- that means every day. He decided that my clothespins were not "sufficient" and bought me some super-duper spring-type plastic monsters. I have to admit that they are good on very windy days. (He also suggested that I not touch the air conditioning unit while I was hanging wet clothes!) Most people climb the stairs and hang their wet clothes on their roofs (for the whole world to see). I, personally, am a little more private and like the seclusion of my balcony off the master bedroom. But, all of our "unmentionables" are hung on drying racks in a spare room inside our flat. Wash day helps you get to know your neighbors. On three separate occasions, the people above me have dropped an item and I have found them on my balcony. They either come down to retrieve it or I take it up to them. Most people do not have washing machines, so they scrub and then they "beat" their clothes on smooth, cement slabs. You can hear the slapping sound throughout the day, which can start as early as 6:00 in the morning. I have given up on trying to get my wash hung up before anyone else. That will never happen!
on the top of the roof to dry. Now how clean to you think that rooftop is?
On Easter morning, while Kent was waiting for me to get ready, he decided to wander out on the balcony. He couldn't believe his eyes, and he was yelling for me to get the camera. First of all, I have never seen anything on this balcony, except rocks, leaves and dirt. All of a sudden, at 8:00 am on Easter morning they decide to have spring cleaning and lay out all of their blankets, rugs and spreads. Who had time to do all of this wash?
And way in the back corner...
...we spotted this OU blanket. Can you believe that?
This one is for Lauren!
No comments:
Post a Comment