Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Entry # 31

Everyday life in India....

Two little boys who really don't want their picture taken.

Cows can do anything they want to.
Fortunately these are relaxing on the side of the road.

Corn cob is grilled and sold on the street.
We understand that it is pretty 'chewy'.


An open-air shop; haircuts and shaves.



What is this?


Yes, a sleeping baby.


Transporting goods along Highway 5.


I call these wash wells. The slanted slab is what they "slap" their clothes on during the "wash and rinse" cycle. This man got in the picture the moment that I clicked it.


I was told that this is a goat. The woman has just removed the intestines. Next step is to probably cut it into parts, but I'm not sticking around for that.


Red chilies and green leaves drying in the sun.


Hotel lobby of the Anand Regency in Rajahmundry on Diwali, October 17. It took three hours to design and place the colorful petals and green leaves to make this rangoli.


Our favorite place to grocery shop is Karachiwala's.
These are the two owners, also brothers.


Since they couldn't find the leak in our bathroom, they have now come out to our street! Actually, we think they are laying some water pipes to take away the storm water for when it floods.

Ramakrishna Beach, Visakhapatnam, India.

No comments: